Student Responsibilities for the Testing Center
If you're a student using the testing center, here are a few details you should know about the process.
The Office of Disability Resources and Services coordinator will send an email to the student after the testing request form is received with instructions on how to schedule their exam using our online system.
When scheduling your exam online please make note of the following.
Day of Test Information
- In order to take a test, students must be pre-registered, show photo identification, and sign in and out. NO exceptions! The student must know the instructor's name and the class that they are scheduled to take take the exam for.
- Once the date of the test is scheduled it is the student’s responsibility to come to CLC134 at least 10 minutes before the scheduled time of the exam to sign in and give all personal items to the proctor.
- Students who arrive up to 15 minutes late will be allowed to take the exam, but will not be given additional time beyond the time originally scheduled for the test. Students arriving more than 15 minutes late will not be allowed to take the test. Students are responsible for talking with the instructor about rescheduling the exam if they arrive more than 15 minutes late.
Testing Rules and Conditions
- No personal items are allowed in testing rooms, unless these items have been approved as a reasonable accommodation.
- Cell phones must be turned off and put away in a backpack, purse, etc., and given to the proctor.
- Personal calculators and scratch paper may be used only if instructor permits and has indicated so on the request form.
- Completed exams and scratch paper (if permitted) must be submitted to the exam proctor. The scratch paper will be stapled to the completed exam.
- Students are to remain in the designated testing room throughout the exam. In case of an emergency, the incomplete exam must be given to the proctor. If a student leaves the room without informing the proctor, the exam will be collected and returned to the instructor.
- If a student is discovered cheating on an exam, the test will be stopped immediately and the professor will be notified.