Program Director Master of Science Nurse Midwife Program
Master of Science Nurse Midwife
Graduate School | St. Paul, MN
Bethel University has established a strong reputation for Christ-centered nursing education. Bethel seeks an experienced and innovative Nurse Midwife to lead the design, development, launch, and growth of a successful, high-quality Nurse Midwife program.
- Oversee and facilitate curriculum development
- Provide for ongoing evaluation and assessment of the curriculum and initiate and oversee curricular change as needed
- Assist Department Chair in obtaining program faculty
- In collaboration with Department Chair and Assistant Dean
- provides feedback to program faculty to promote growth, including review of course evaluation results, providing developmental feedback when appropriate;
- establishes ongoing interaction with program faculty for planning and development purposes;
- trouble-shoots faculty personnel issues.
- Represent the program as the subject matter expert within the Bethel community, in the community at large, and to professional organizations, accreditation bodies, and licensing boards as necessary.
- In conjunction with Department Chair and Associate Dean lead program personnel in applying and qualifying for ACME preliminary and full accreditation.
- Plan for and secure curriculum and accreditation required clinical partnerships.
- Serve as faculty advisor for learners within program as necessary, delegating advising and thesis supervision to other program faculty when appropriate.
- Maintain teaching load within the program.
- Be accessible to learners, staff and other faculty, and communicate when office hours are available.
- In collaboration with Department Chair:
- ensure system is in place to provide quality control of prospective learners entering program;
- work collaboratively with faculty and staff to assess learner development and readiness for licensure
- Participate in meetings/committees as required (academic unit, AAC, faculty meetings, etc.).
- Consult with admissions/academic advisors and professional staff as necessary (e.g., file review, transfer evaluation, learner satisfaction, etc.) to ensure high quality service to learners.
- Provide program planning data as necessary to assist in enrollment planning and budget development.
- Serve as subject matter expert to ensure appropriate library acquisitions.
- Develop and manage the annual program budget in accordance with University guidelines.
- Remain current in understanding of adult learning, midwife practice, HLC guidelines, and accreditation/licensure criteria.
- Serve as an advocate for the application of adult learning theory and practice within the program.
- Other required and negotiated program activities.
Excellent managerial and organizational skills.
A minimum of five years of employment as a Nurse Midwife and experience in successful academic leadership.
- A master’s degree in nursing and an earned doctoral degree in nursing or a related field preferred
- Current certification as a Nurse Midwife
- Commitment to Bethel’s Affirmation of Faith, Bethel’s Covenant for Life Together, and Bethel’s core values
- Commitment to the Christ-centered mission of the university and a passion for producing an educational climate where life-change occurs
- Commitment to quality relationships and implementation of the shalom paradigm as a framework for action and life together
3900 Bethel Drive
Bethel University St. Paul, MN 55112
Bethel University has been a leader and model in Christian higher education since 1871. Approximately 6,500 students from 49 states and 23 countries are enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, seminary, and adult education programs. Based in St. Paul, Minn., with additional seminary locations in San Diego and on the East Coast, Bethel offers rigorous bachelor’s and advanced degrees in nearly 100 fields.
Bethel employs qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, or disability. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Posting Date: March 26, 2013
Closing Date: November 04, 2013