Director of Admissions-CAPS/GS
Graduate School, College of Adult & Professional Studies | St. Paul, MN
Manages the daily operating functions of the College of Adult & Professional Studies/Graduate School (CAPS/GS) Admission team, supports marketing initiatives and provides leadership to a large and complex admissions system. Partners with key staff and faculty to effectively recruit students. Leads the CAPS/GS Admissions office in achievement of recruitment and net revenue goals.
- Hires, trains, manages, and coaches a team of admissions and support personnel to ensure achievement of recruitment and net revenue goals
- Prepares and oversees the implementation of the annual master recruitment plan and admissions goals, which includes developing recruitment and marketing plans for the admissions office.
- Prepares and oversee the use of the office budget
- Participates (with the marketing director) in developing and implementing the annual CAPS/GS marketing plan
- Reviews, evaluates, and reports on all recruitment and admissions outcomes
- Serves as a member of several key leadership groups (including Enrollment Management Leadership Team)
- Participates in various external promotion events (college fairs, etc.)
- Proven leadership, management and organizational skills
- Understanding of adult education in a market-driven environment
- Flexibility and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Sales skills, and the ability to train others in sales techniques
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- People management skills with the ability to enforce performance standards
- Ability to work with complex systems
- Ability to manage relationships and collaborate across all levels of the institution
5+ years of experience in specific field required; Experience in sales and management preferred. Strong preference for experience in higher education or adult education recruitment, admissions, or marketing.
Bachelor's required; Master's preferred
Often requires evening and weekend work. Includes some travel.
Priority given to applications received by February 21, 2014.
Office of Human Resources
Bethel University 3900 Bethel Drive
St. Paul, MN 55112
Bethel University has been a leader and model in Christian higher education since 1871. Approximately 6,500 students from 49 states and 23 countries are enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, seminary, and adult education programs. Based in St. Paul, Minn., with additional seminary locations in San Diego and on the East Coast, Bethel offers rigorous bachelor’s and advanced degrees in nearly 100 fields.
Bethel employs qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, or disability. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Job #: EXF0580001
Posting Date: January 22, 2014