Head Coach Softball
College of Arts & Sciences | St. Paul, MN
Applicants must use the Application for Athletic Head Coach for College of Arts and Sciences (doc) Resume required.
Responsible for recruiting, training, and coaching members of the softball team. Additional responsibilities based on qualifications and experience of applicant.
- Oversee practice, planning and implementation including organizing and scripting a practice plan, utilizing staff and team film sessions, and scheduling in season weight room and conditioning sessions.
- Recruit student athletes who are a good fit to the institution and have the capacity for high caliber play within the NCAA DIII arena and maintain expected roster sizes. Mentor and nurture the development of admitted athletes in all areas of their growth
- Oversee competition events by developing game strategy and establishing a focused approach for excellence in competition
- Foster and engage in harmonious departmental relationships and responsibly steward the budget and adhere to NCAA, MIAC and institutional rules, policy and expectations
- Hire and supervise assistant coaches, collaborating well with them in coaching the team
- Oversee the planning, scheduling and fundraising for a softball spring break competition trip
- Additional responsibilities based on qualifications and experience
- Demonstrated effective leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the Student-Athlete concept
- Demonstrated effective recruitment strategies
- Ability to organize and implement effective game and practice strategies
- Working knowledge of NCAA, MIAC and institutional rules and regulations
- Playing and coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred
- Knowledge of sports management
- Demonstrated ability to work alongside of students in a cooperative and collaborative style
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Demonstrated organizational and problem solving abilities
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
3 years of strong coaching experience at the high school level or above. Head coaching experience at the college level is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
Resume required. Head coach is expected to mentor student athletes in their holistic development, including nurturing their spiritual formation, giving attention to their physical well-being, monitoring their academic progress, and facilitating a team culture that produces vitality resulting in a high level of student athlete satisfaction and competitive success.
Applicants must use the Application for Athletic Head Coach for College of Arts and Sciences (doc). First priority given to applications received by September 10, 2014.
Office of Human Resources
Bethel University 3900 Bethel Drive
St. Paul, MN 55112
Bethel University has been a leader and model in Christian higher education since 1871. Approximately 6,500 students from 49 states and 23 countries are enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, seminary, and adult education programs. Based in St. Paul, Minn., with additional seminary locations in San Diego and on the East Coast, Bethel offers rigorous bachelor’s and advanced degrees in nearly 100 fields.
Bethel employs qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, or disability. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Job #: CHF0130001
Posting Date: August 20, 2014