Director of Alumni and Parent Relations
University Relations | St. Paul, MN
To provide leadership and strategic oversight to the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations and to cultivate relationships with alumni, parents, and students for the purpose of engaging them in the vision and mission of Bethel University.
- Serve as a key leader in building alumni and parents’ affinity to Bethel University through the oversight of all programs, initiatives, networking and activities with these constituents.
- Provide oversight of the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations including assisting in budgeting preparation and implementation, analysis of relations, developing metrics to measure and track success as well as assessing ways to expand the services.
- Develop and implement strategic university initiatives to establish and cultivate partnerships with alumni and parents locally, regionally, and nationally. Partnerships include educating current and graduating students about alumni engagement, with specific focus on existing students and young alumni, and building collaboration with Bethel departments.
- Provide leadership and services to National Alumni Board as an ex-officio member.
- Supervise staff and provide leadership development opportunities.
- Represent Bethel at parent or alumni engagements.
- Collaborate closely with development colleagues in increasing support from alumni and parents.
- Must possess excellent leadership, managerial and organizational skills
- Must demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal, and relational skills to work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the university, alumni, and public
- Must be innovative and stay on the leading edge of best practices within alumni and parent services
- Must have effective verbal communication skills and a proven ability to speak successfully in small group and large group public settings
- Must possess excellent writing skills
- Must effectively lead as a team leader and collaborator among the team
- Must be able to self start and work as part of a team in a professional and confidential manner
5+ years of experience in specific field required. An alumna/alumnus of a Christian university preferred.
Bachelor's required; Master's preferred
Must be able to travel and work weekends and evenings as needed.
Office of Human Resources
Bethel University 3900 Bethel Drive
St. Paul, MN 55112
Bethel University has been a leader and model in Christian higher education since 1871. Approximately 6,500 students from 49 states and 23 countries are enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, seminary, and adult education programs. Based in St. Paul, Minn., with additional seminary locations in San Diego and on the East Coast, Bethel offers rigorous bachelor’s and advanced degrees in nearly 100 fields.
Bethel employs qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, or disability. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Job #: MAF0340003
Posting Date: February 01, 2014