Systems Administrator Manager (Windows)
Information Technology Services | St. Paul, MN
Responsible for design, implementation and ongoing management of Bethel’s Windows Server infrastructure, as well as management and supervision of Mac/Windows desktop environment.
- Develops and manages team responsible for Windows/Mac infrastructure systems and processes. Manages staff to provide first and second tier support.
- Leads Windows Server Administration including but not limited to space, updates, departmental computing
- Manages and Leads Active Directory Administration
- Responds to customer service requests
- Strong team building and management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Mac desktop environments
- Experience with Altiris or other remote management software
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing Windows servers
- Proficiency of Active Directory architecture. Familiarity with the development and deployment of Group Policies
- Proficiency of the TCP/IP protocol suite
- Development experience with scripting (PowerShell, batch, etc.) and/or compiled languages
- Experience deploying Windows servers in virtualized server environments, ideally VMware vSphere
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work well in fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Enthusiasm and commitment to achieving operational excellence
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Ability to execute and resolve multiple project deliverables and problems
- Must be well organized
- Also valued is knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, storage technologies (SAN/NAS/DAS), SQL Server, IIS, systems monitoring and performance analysis
- At least 4 years of experience managing Windows servers and Active Directory environments
- Management experience required
- Experience working with VMware vSphere desired
Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field preferred.
Must be able to work in a sitting position at a computer for extended periods of time
Office of Human Resources
Bethel University 3900 Bethel Drive
St. Paul, MN 55112
Bethel University has been a leader and model in Christian higher education since 1871. Approximately 6,500 students from 49 states and 23 countries are enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, seminary, and adult education programs. Based in St. Paul, Minn., with additional seminary locations in San Diego and on the East Coast, Bethel offers rigorous bachelor’s and advanced degrees in nearly 100 fields.
Bethel employs qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, or disability. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Job #: ITF0730001
Posting Date: July 21, 2014