King Family Foundation Child Development Center | St. Paul, MN
Responsible for implementing activities which are designed to develop a range of spiritual, social, cognitive, and/or motor skills for individual and/or groups of children. Supervise the development of the whole child. Provide a safe and nurturing environment for children.
- Provides supervision and guidance to preschool age children, implement learning activities that meet the spiritual, social, emotional, intellectual and physical needs of children. Conduct assessments and parent conferences, keep student files up to date and provide weekly parent communication.
- Provides administrative tasks as well as implements classroom structure to meet program goals and outcomes including Department of Human Services (DHS Rule 3) and National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in working with children, parents and community members in an urban environment.
- Ability to read, understand, follow and implement policies and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of child cognitive, developmental, social and emotional skills, methods and techniques.
- Ability to plan, develop and implement age appropriate activities and programs for children.
- Knowledge of NAEYC and DHS certification requirements and standards.
- Knowledge of child development, supervision skills, theory and practice.
- Knowledge of the application, safe usage, and maintenance requirements of relevant facilities and equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to provide a supportive and nurturing environment for children.
- Ability to establish and maintain open and cooperative communication with parents and families, encouraging their involvement in the program and supporting child/family relationships.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Preferred that individual have at least 5 plus years of experience as preschool teacher.
Bachelor’s degree in early education required; Minnesota teaching license preferred.
Requires heavy lifting, pushing or pulling of objects up to 35 pounds. CPR and First Aid Certification required within 60 days of date of hire.
Office of Human Resources
Bethel University 3900 Bethel Drive
St. Paul, MN 55112
Bethel University has been a leader and model in Christian higher education since 1871. Approximately 6,500 students from 49 states and 23 countries are enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, seminary, and adult education programs. Based in St. Paul, Minn., with additional seminary locations in San Diego and on the East Coast, Bethel offers rigorous bachelor’s and advanced degrees in nearly 100 fields.
Bethel employs qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, or disability. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Job #: PRF0290001
Posting Date: March 24, 2014