Information Technology Services | St. Paul, MN
To enhance and create enterprise web applications that advance Bethel’s learning technology and web environment. Provide project management and leadership in delivering solution that support Bethel’s web infrastructure.
- Develop and manage existing and new web applications and solutions to meet the needs of the institution through our content management system and learning technologies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with web software, including responding to outages.
- Keep up with new web technology and strategies for improvement (Professional Development).
- Administer Linux, Windows, Puppet, Varnish, Pound, and database administration.
- Proficient knowledge of programing languages such as: PHP, Python, Perl & Java
- Proficient in LAMP technologies (Linux, Apache, MySQL, & Python, Perl, or PHP)
- Strong understanding in SQL (Oracle/MySQL)
- Knowledge of Varnish, Fabric, Puppet, HTTP & SSL
- Experience with version control, e.g. SVN and Mercurial
- Knowledge in troubleshooting web applications
- Highly motivated and self-directed
2-4 Years of web development experience
B.A./B.S. in Computer Science, MIS, Math, Physics or equivalent degree experience
Requires some evening, weekend, and holiday on-call support.
Office of Human Resources
Bethel University 3900 Bethel Drive
St. Paul, MN 55112
Bethel University has been a leader and model in Christian higher education since 1871. Approximately 6,500 students from 49 states and 23 countries are enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, seminary, and adult education programs. Based in St. Paul, Minn., with additional seminary locations in San Diego and on the East Coast, Bethel offers rigorous bachelor’s and advanced degrees in nearly 100 fields.
Bethel employs qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, or disability. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Job #: ITF0430004
Posting Date: May 13, 2014