We value the work that our employees do to advance the mission of Bethel. To show this, we provide some of the best benefits in higher education. From traditional benefits like health insurance and retirement plans to low-cost dining options in our 3 premiere venues and on-site childcare, our goal is to take care of you.
We understand the importance of you and your family’s well-being. To help, we provide competitive insurance programs.
Health and dental
- Robust and comprehensive health and dental plans with nationwide coverage through HealthPartners
- Coverage levels for singles, couples, and families
- Additional benefits such as frequent fitness and Global Fit programs
- Term life insurance equal to one time your annual salary at no cost
- Additional term life insurance coverage for you is available
Flexible spending accounts
- Enjoy pre-tax reimbursement for health and dependent care for eligible expenses
Bethel’s retirement program is designed to help you plan for the future. In fact, it’s one of the best plans offered by private colleges.
- Bethel contributes 10% of your gross annual earnings to a 401(a) account at no cost to you—no minimum contribution is required
- Eligible employees are fully vested after completing 1,000 hours of service
Whether it’s time relaxing on vacation, needing to care for sick family members, or enjoying a beautiful day at the lake, Bethel understands the importance of providing time away from work. Staff paid leave includes:
- 14 paid holidays (including the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day)
- 2-3 weeks of vacation each year (increasing with additional years of service)
- Up to 3 personal days annually
- Up to 3 weeks of sick leave plus short-term and long-term disability coverage at no cost
Advance your education or the education of your family. From 61 majors for traditional undergraduate students, to over 20 graduate degrees for advancing your career, Bethel has several options:
- Employees—100% after 9 months of service
- Spouses and dependents—65-95% depending on length of service
In addition to traditional benefits, Bethel offers employees many benefits that make Bethel a great place to work. Some of these benefits may vary based on your location. Here are just a few:
- On-campus dining. Enjoy Caribou Coffee or a meal in one of 3 dining locations. You’ll also enjoy a significantly reduced price for meals purchased in our Monson Dining Center.
- On-campus health services. From first aid and lab work, to blood pressure and strep throat checks, our Health Services team of nurses, nurse practioners, and a campus physician are here to help if you need it.
- On-campus childcare. Bethel offers 2 convenient locations that offer programs for infants through preschoolers. As a Bethel employee, you’ll receive a 20% discount at these faith-based, kid-friendly places.
- On-campus exercise facilities. When the weather is warm (or if you don’t mind the snow) you can enjoy the trails that circle our 245-acre campus or play a match of tennis on our outdoor courts. If you prefer to exercise indoors, we also have a weight and cardio room, two racquetball courts, and a Sports and Recreation Center featuring indoor basketball and tennis courts.
- Bethel events. Cheer on Royal’s athletics at one of our 18 varsity sports or enjoy a theatre or music performance in the renowned Benson Great Hall. Many of these events are free or at a reduced cost to employees.
- Library access. Love books? Enjoy free access to thousands of books and material through Bethel’s 3 libraries and our partnership with other Minnesota-area libraries. If you’re looking for a book—they’ll find it.
- Local business discounts. Enjoy discounts on things like oil changes and your next meal or lodging from some of our great business partners.