8th Annual Choral Arts Finale
- Brainerd High School A Cappella Choir, Brian Stubbs, conductor
- Cantanti Singers, Angelica Cantanti Youth Choirs, Philip Brown, conductor
- Northfield High School Concert Choir, Kyle Eastman, conductor
- The Stillwater Choir, Erik Christiansen, conductor
- White Bear Lake High School Choraliers, Marie Spar Dymit, conductor
- Host Choir: Concordia University St. Paul, Christus Chorus, David Mennicke, conductor
Sunday, April 14, 2013
|Location||Benson Great Hall - Bethel University|
|Directions||Directions to Bethel University and Bethel Great Hall.|
|Cost||$13 general admission|
|Ticketing||Order online or call the Bethel Box Office, Monday - Friday, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. at 651-638-6333.|
This premier high school choral festival is made possible through the generous support of Concordia donors David and Sandy Frauenshuh.
The event is coordinated by ACDA of Minnesota and Concordia University, St. Paul.
Karen Kennedy, Guest clinician and massed choir conductor
Five choirs have been selected for the 8th Annual Choral Arts Finale, a premier high school choral festival. Auditions came from choirs of all sizes from throughout the state. Using a blind screening process, an audition committee of ACDA members met in January and ranked the auditions and chose the top five scoring groups. The groups chosen represent the range of auditions from out state and metro, larger and smaller schools, voicing, and community or school-based ensembles.
Each group will receive a commemorative plaque, a $500 award, and transportation expenses. They each participate in massed choir rehearsals and receive a clinic on the afternoon of April 14 at Concordia University - St. Paul, MN with Dr. Karen Kennedy, Director of Choral Activities at the University of Miami. That evening at the gala concert at Benson Great Hall, each of the choirs will perform a short program and combine for two massed choir numbers to close the event.
For more information contact the Bethel Box Office 651-638-6333.