Where Your Donations Go
Life transformation is complex—unique to each student. So, how exactly does your gift help transform not just the life of one student, but many? Here are just a few of the ways.
A sustaining spiritual life.
You help create an environment where Christian faith grows and flows through halls, dorms, classrooms, and online conversations.
- Challenging chapel speakers, such as Ruby Bridges, who became the first black student at a formerly all-white school in New Orleans in 1960; she spoke on reconciliation.
- Off-campus ministries, such as Twin Cities Outreach, which includes serving opportunities: ministering at the Dorothy Day Center for the homeless; tutoring; and teaching children with disabilities how to swim at John Glenn School; among others.
Bethel’s known for weaving its Christian call into its academic programs in innovative ways, and your gifts help make this possible.
- Graduates of our reconciliation program are sleeping in tents on the street to show solidarity with the peace movement and teaching ceramic classes in the West Bank of Palestine.
Student and faculty research—leading to meaningful careers.
Supportive mentorships shape students’ lives. You help provide opportunities for students and faculty to build relationships and nurture their gifts.
- Student research is the engine that drives many Bethel programs—allowing psychology seniors to present at national conferences, physics students to earn full-rides to grad school, and business teams to compete against top local universities.
- Staying on the cutting edge of their academic areas, faculty attend conferences across the globe for continued education and publish books that revolutionize their field.
The foundation of student life at Bethel.
Your gifts hold together the basic building blocks of the Bethel community—they create the space for God to work in students’ everyday lives.
- Bethel traditions such as Welcome Week, the Homecoming Cheer, and interim broomball live on, welcoming in each new generation of students.
- Health Services gives our students quick access to medical care, vaccines, and allergy shots.
- Career Services helps them choose majors, draft resumes, and practice interviewing techniques.