Welcome Experience Project
The new Welcome Center at Bethel is enhancing the welcome experience by providing more attractive, friendly, and functional space for prospective students and their families—and the entire Bethel community in St. Paul.
In the past, Admissions hosted prospective students and families in a location that’s far from the main entrance and the hub of campus life.
The Welcome Center plan upgraded lounge space to improve traffic flow for visitors and relocated the undergrad admissions team to the center of student activity.
The retrofit started at the campus entrance—the Community Life Center—and flows through the Academic Center lounge, which connects visitors to a new admissions space in the lively Brushaber Commons.
Phase 1 - Complete
- New furniture and upgraded interior design
- Staffed welcome desk for greeting visitors
Phase 2 - Complete
Academic Center Lounge:
- New skylights and lighting
- Upgraded flooring to match newer buildings
- New furniture better suited for studying and holding meetings
Phase 3 – Complete
Admissions Guest Center:
- Retrofitted offices adjacent to the student center—the Brushaber Commons—for meeting with prospective students and families
- Admissions meeting space that puts prospective students in midst of student life
- Proximity to the entrance of campus and the Royal Grounds coffee shop
- Relocation of Admissions staff
- Enhance Bethel’s recruitment efforts with a beautiful and inviting Welcome Center that’s close to the heart of campus.
- Brighten and upgrade the highly visible, well-traveled route used by campus guests.
- Relocate the undergrad admissions team to a central and attractive location, making it easier to welcome guests and lead campus tours.
- Bring prospective students and their families into the hub of student activity.
While the project is nearly fully funded, we invite contributions for the remaining balance.
Interested in partnering with Bethel on this project? Please contact the Office of Development.
- + Support the Bethel Fund
- + Support a Project
- + Creative Giving
- + Why Give to Bethel?
- Get Involved
- + Contact Us