We've compiled policies related to borrowing materials from Bethel's libraries. Get the basic information here, or click on a specific library for more details.
All library users must present a valid student ID or Bethel library card to check out library materials.
Check Out Periods
Loan periods for the majority of materials, locations and library users are:
|Books||6 weeks (4 months for faculty)|
|Video||up to 7 days|
|Equipment||4 to 24 hours|
Location-Specific Check Out Details
Each library may have different check out periods or policies. View more information for the different locations below.
- University Library
- Seminary Library St. Paul
- Seminary Library San Diego
- Seminary of the East Library
Renewing Library Materials
- Books from CLIC libraries can be renewed twice in CLICnet if there are no requests for them
- Items may not be renewed if another library user has already placed a hold on them
- The San Diego Seminary library reserves the right to recall an item that has been renewed if someone requests it
- Email Interlibrary Loan staff at the University or Seminary library regarding the renewal of non-CLIC books
Overdue Library Materials
- Three notices via email will be sent to library users with overdue materials. If the materials are still not returned, a final billing notice will be sent to library users to your Bethel email address. If materials are not returned after this billing notice, they are then billed with an attached fine.
- All charges that are accrued as a result of violations of borrowing policies and procedures will be sent to the Bethel University Business Office, and, if not paid, will prevent a student from registering for classes for the next term, or from graduating
- If you have been billed for an item that you returned, please contact the library from which the item was checked out
Revoking Borrowing Privileges
- Borrowing privileges may be revoked if there are substantial unpaid or unresolved charges on a library user's record