Seminary San Diego Borrowing Privileges
The Seminary San Diego library provides you with many different types of materials. Find the borrowing policy that applies to you, and see additional information listed below about borrowing and returning items as well as getting a guest or alumni library card.
Check Out Periods
|Students/Staff||Faculty||Southern California Theological Library Association (SCATLA)||Guests|
|Main Collection Books||6 weeks||4 months||6 weeks||6 weeks|
|Books from CLIC Libraries||6 weeks||4 months||None
|Books from non-CLIC libraries||Varies
|eBooks||7 days||7 days||None||None|
|Audio Cassettes||3 weeks||3 weeks||Varies||Varies|
|VHS||3 weeks||3 weeks||None||None|
|Course Reserves||2 hours, 2 days or 1 week||2 hours, 2 days or 1 week||None
Includes Bethel alumni and seminary libraries consortium members
Guest library card application
- Guests may apply for a library card by filling out a registration form
- Contact library staff regarding fees
Library card policies
- Guest Library Card may only be used at the library where the registration form was submitted.
- Guests must agree to comply with the policies of the Seminary Libraries and to pay fees charged.
- Guests must agree to give prompt notice of any change of address, phone number, or of card loss.
Checking Out Library Materials
Library materials may be checked out at the Circulation Desk.
Mailing Library Material
- The library will mail material to students enrolled in the InMinistry or Doctor of Ministry program who live outside San Diego County, California OR the seven county Twin Cities Metro area in Minnesota.
- Students must pay for return shipping
- All other students must pick up their materials at the library.
Borrowing Privileges at Other Libraries
- You must know and honor the policies of any library from which you borrow materials.
- Southern California Theological Library Association (SCATLA) member libraries: Bethel Seminary San Diego students, faculty, and staff have direct borrowing privileges
See the ATLA website for additional borrowing information.
Contact Bethel Seminary San Diego: 619.325.5201
- My Library Accounts
- + Research
- Reference and Research
- + Interlibrary Loan
- + Equipment & Technology
- Study Rooms
- Disability Services
- Distance Users
- + Services for Alumni & Visitors
- + Faculty Services
- + About the Libraries
- + Libraries & Collections
- + News & Events
- + Get Help