University Library Borrowing Privileges
The University library provides you with many different types of materials and equipment. Find the borrowing policy that applies to you, and see additional information listed below about borrowing and returning items as well as getting a guest or alumni library card.
Check Out Periods
|Main Collection Books||6 weeks||4 months||6 weeks||6 weeks(2 renewals, 5 item limit)||6 weeks (1 renewal, 5 item limit)|
|Reference Collection||1, 3, or 7 days(some cannot be checked out)||1, 3, or 7 days(some with permission only)
||1, 3, or 7 days(some cannot be checked out)
|Books from CLIC Libraries||6 weeks||Varies by library||6 weeks||N/A||None|
|Books from non-CLIC libraries||Varies by library||Varies by library||Varies by library||N/A||None|
|eBooks(EBSCOhost)||7 days||7 days||7 days||None||None|
|Audio(Great Courses/CDs/LPs)||3 weeks||3 weeks||3 weeks||Varies||Varies|
|DVDs/VHS||7 days||7 days||7 days||None||None|
|Kindles||3 weeks||3 weeks||3 weeks||None||None|
|Mobile Computer Lab||None||4 hours (Main Campus)||4 hours (Main Campus)||None||None|
|Course Reserves||2 hours, 2 days or 1 week||2 hours, 2 days or 1 week||2 hours, 2 days or 1 week||None||None|
|Curriculum Materials||3 weeks||4 months||3 weeks||3 weeks||None|
|Music Scores||3 weeks||4 months||3 weeks||3 weeks||None|
Holds and Recall
- Books put on hold will be held for 14 days.
- Books are subject to recall if needed for course reserves.
Checking Out & Returning Materials and Equipment
- Library materials and equipment may be checked out at the Circulation Desk.
- Books may be returned to the Circulation Desk or book drop outside the library.
- Equipment and Course reserves must be returned to the designated basket at the Circulation Desk.
Mailing Library Material
- Books and articles not available online will be mailed to students designated as Distance Users.
- Library users must pay for return shipping
Borrowing Privileges at Other Libraries
- You must know and honor the policies of any library from which you borrow materials.
- CLIC member libraries offer direct borrowing privileges to Bethel students, faculty and staff.
- University of Minnesota offers Bethel faculty direct lending privileges.
Includes Bethel alumni and seminary libraries consortium members
Guest library card application
- Guests may apply for a library card by filling out a registration form
- At least one form of identification is needed
- Fee is $5 for alumni, $10 for others, free for a Friend of the Library
Library card policies
- Guest Library Card may only be used at the library where the registration form was submitted.
- Guests must agree to comply with the policies of the University Library and to pay fees charged.
- Guests must agree to give prompt notice of any change of address, phone number, or of card loss.
Call the Bethel University Library Circulation Desk at 651.638.6222
- My Library Accounts
- + Research
- Reference and Research
- + Interlibrary Loan
- + Equipment & Technology
- Study Rooms
- Disability Services
- Distance Users
- + Services for Alumni & Visitors
- + Faculty Services
- + About the Libraries
- + Libraries & Collections
- + News & Events
- + Get Help