Bethel Employees Celebrate Staff Appreciation Day
July 9, 2012 | 8:05 a.m.
By Michelle Westlund and Suzanne McInroy
Bethel University set aside a day to recognize full- and part-time St. Paul staff members for their contributions to the university at Staff Appreciation Day on June 15 at Central Park in Roseville, Minn. Highlights included a county fair theme with a picnic lunch, worship program, and blue ribbon contests in knitting, sewing, or quilting; woodworking or carpentry; fine arts, such as photography, painting, or sculpture; crafts, such as jewelry, beading, or ceramics; food decorating, such as cupcakes, cakes, or cookies; baking; and music performance.
In addition, the university acknowledged the recipients of this year’s Distinguished Service Award and Excellence in Management Award.
Distinguished Service Award: For outstanding service to the Bethel community.
- Bob Bjorklund, athletic director, has worked at Bethel since 1997.
- Jodi Dressel, catering coordinator, has worked at Sodexo at Bethel since 2000.
- Hilda Johnson, residence hall custodian, has worked at Bethel since 2008.
- Earleen Warner, reference librarian, has worked at Bethel since 2003.
Excellence in Management Award: For consistently demonstrated superior management, leadership, and/or supervisory skills through contributions to the attainment of departmental or institutional objectives and goals.
- Talaya Tolefree, director of the King Family Foundation Child Development Center, has worked at Bethel since 2007.
- Cara Wald, associate director of human resources, has worked at Bethel since 1997.