Part-time jobs are opportunities to prepare for you career. So be strategic by exploring career fields that interest you and building your resume and professional connections. Don’t just get an easy, on-campus job that pays the most; get a part time job that’s related to the field you’re exploring. For example, if you want to be a teacher, get a tutoring job.
On-campus jobs are managed by Financial Aid, but not all jobs are posted (e.g. TA/Tutor positions). So ask each department or office if they are hiring. Also, be sure to check on with Financial Aid about your eligibility for work study.
Popular on-campus jobs:
- Facilities Management
- Food Service
- Most offices and departments
Check out the numerous off-campus part-time jobs that employers post to our site on the Bethel University Online Career Center. Part-time jobs are also posted on the Career Development & Calling bulletin board near the third floor CC Lounge.
Or visit local job websites for more postings:
- Jobs in Minneapolis
- Twin Cities Newspapers: Star Tribune and Pioneer Press
- Minnesota Works
- Minnesota Jobs
- Craigslist Twin Cities
Popular off-campus jobs:
- After-school programs
- Call center
Tips for Finding Part-time Jobs
- The best way to find a job is through a friend or connection. Ask around, go visit an employer and ask if they are hiring.
- Be prepared to apply and interview on the spot: Dress business casual, know your work history, and your response to “Why should I hire you?”
- Resume? Few part-time employers require a resume, so don’t wait to have the perfect one written. If you need help with yours, meet with a career specialist.
- Look for employers at the recruiting tables in the BC to learn more about their opportunities.
- Still stuck? Can’t find a job? Come in and see a career specialist! Stop by CC322 for an appointment.
- + Students
- + Alumni
- + Employers
- + Faculty & Staff
- + Parents & Families
- + Events
- Contact Us