Requirements and Deadlines
An academic internship is preferably an off-campus learning/practicing experience in which the student applies a body of knowledge and skill in a structured non-classroom setting. It can take place in many settings—governments, social organizations and agencies, churches, business enterprises. It can make use of almost every knowledge and skill area in Bethel’s curriculum.
- Declared major or minor in the Department of Business & Economics.
- Junior or senior standing.
- Minimum of 20 credit hours completed in the department.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 and 2.25 GPA in the major.
- Attend a mandatory internship seminar offered each month by the internship coordinator.
- Complete all registration and department paperwork and return it to the internship coordinator before the deadline.
- Participate in the on-line internship course offered through the department.
- Remain in the internship for the entirety of the placement.
- Complete all requirements of the internship class to gain academic credit.
- Complete an exit interview with the internship coordinator after completion of your internship.
Registration Deadlines for Internship Classes
- Fall Semester – October 1
- Spring Semester – March 1
- Summer – June 15
Before you participate in an internship you must take a mandatory internship seminar offered each month by the internship coordinator.
Before you start your internship you must complete the learning contract (pdf) and return it to the internship coordinator. The learning contract must be turned in before the deadline and within five days of the start of your internship.