Bethel University is a top-ranked, evangelical Christian university based in St. Paul, Minnesota.
With a total enrollment of 6,000 students, Bethel is the largest institution in the 13-member Christian College Consortium and among the top five in the 106-member Council for Christian Colleges and Universities. In recent years, our students have come from as many as 49 states and 21 countries, and have represented more than 65 Christian denominations.
The 110,000-square-foot Brushaber Commons (completed in March 2009) is the latest addition to our 245-acre lakeside campus in suburban Arden Hills, Minnesota, 20 minutes from downtown St. Paul and Minneapolis. The spacious, modern building houses a two-story dining center, a restaurant, coffee shop, expanded campus store, offices for student organizations, and a green roof.
Bethel is sponsored by the churches of Converge Worldwide, although we serve students from more than 65 Christian denominations.
As a comprehensive liberal arts university including a seminary, we offer more than 100 different undergraduate and advanced degree programs through 4 different schools.
College of Arts & Sciences
- 88 majors and 43 minors in subjects as diverse and engaging as environmental studies, business, journalism, international relations, art, biochemistry/microbiology, athletic training, and engineering science
- 11 pre-professional programs in medicine, law, dentistry, veterinary science, physical therapy, pharmacy, and more
- Nearly 75% of our traditional undergrad students study abroad in more than 30 destinations
- 10 master's degrees including education K-12, gerontology, business, nursing, organizational leadership, and more
- An Ed.D. in Educational Leadership with licensure options
- Graduate certificate programs in various education fields such as leadership foundations, nursing educator, and gerontology
- Graduate licenses in multiple education specialties including special education and worked-based learning
College of Adult & Professional Studies
- Bachelor's degrees in high-growth fields such as business management, nursing (RN to B.S.), and organizational leadership
- An associate degree in general studies for first-time college students
- Certificate program in human resource management
- Convenient locations throughout the greater Twin Cities region
- Graduate programs in dozens of theological, pastoral, and leadership concentrations
- SemPM, an evening seminary program for working adults
- InMinistry distance learning program, one of the most successful seminary distance learning programs in the country
- Seminary locations in St. Paul and San Diego
The Bethel Royals field 18 NCAA Division III varsity sports in the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC)
|Men's Teams||Women's Teams|
|Tennis||Track and Field|
|Track and Field||Volleyball|
Bethel's musical, theatre, and visual arts are highly respected among Christian colleges. Our music department fields 11 vocal and instrumental performance groups - jazz, choir, symphony orchestra, even handbells-in the expansive Benson Great Hall. Plus, our theatre students stage 4 plays annually in the hall or in the intimate Black Box Theatre.
We have two art galleries on campus which host exhibitions showcasing the work of nationally and internationally established artists as well as artists in our local communities.
Additionally, the Twin Cities' arts community provides opportunities to experience culture firsthand or engage professionally with the arts through internships.