Nursing (M.S.), Graduate School
Started at Bethel
- Bethel College - BS in Nursing, 2001
- The College of St. Catherine's - MA in Adult and Gerontology Nurse Practitioner, 2006
Areas of expertise
I have been a registered nurse for 15 years with 10 of those years working as a Nurse Practitioner. I have worked in medical/oncology inpatient and outpatient as well gynecology oncology/women's health. My areas of expertise include oncology, chemotherapy and chemotherapy symptom management, chronic disease management, women's health, reproductive health, cancer screening, cancer survivorship, integrative medicine and health assessment.
- “Nurses’ Perceptions on Providing Spiritual Care to Hospitalized Patients,” Masters Presentation, The College of St. Catherine, 2006.
- “Osteoporosis: Review of Disease, Diagnosis, and Treatments for the Advanced Practice Nurse.” The Internet Journal for Advanced Practice Nursing, 2006. Volume 8 Number 1.
- “Anal Dysplasia in Kidney Transplant Patients.” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, December 2008. Volume 207, Issue 6, p. 914-921.
- “Postmenopausal Osteoporosis” Women’s Health Conference, University of Minnesota, May 2007.
- “Cancer- A Family Disease.”, Breast Cancer Support Group, Sanford USD Medical Center, February 2010.
- “Integrative therapies in cancer care.” Breast Cancer Support Group, Sanford USD Medical Center, February 2011 and October 2011.
- “Overview of Integrative Therapies in Cancer Care”, Presentation at the 5th annual Thoracic oncology nursing conference, June 2011.
- South Dakota Public Broadcasting interview on National Young Adult Cancer Awareness week, April 8, 2011. http://www.sdpb.org/tv/shows.aspx?MediaID=59397&Parmtype=RADIO&ParmAccessLevel=sdpb-all
- “Acupressure bands used for nausea after chemotherapy.” Keloland Television interview. August 4, 2011. http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=119110
- “Healing the senses.” Keloland Television interview, August 23, 2010. http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=104078
- “Cancer survivorship”, radio interview A Better You, KSOO-1140 AM, September 2013.
- “Ovarian cancer awareness” radio interview, A Better You, KSOO- 1140 AM, hosted by Rick Knobe, September 2014
- "Integrative Medicine in Cancer care", Survivorship series presentation, University of Sioux Falls, Sanford Medical Center, Sioux Falls, SD, May 2015.
Certificates and Licenses
- Adult Nurse Practitioner Certificate (APRN, BC) through American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Certified Registered Nurse and CNP, Minnesota, South Dakota and North Dakota
- Advanced life support and Basic life support certification
Hobbies and Interests
Running, photography, traveling, being with family and friends.