A love of learning supports children as they walk through life navigating challenges, reaching for goals, and engaging with those around them.
The Bethel University Child Development Center (CDC) is located at Bethel's St. Paul campus and is licensed to serve 54 children. We provide care for 3 different age groups—infants, toddlers, and preschoolers—in both full-time and part-time programs.
It is our mission at the Child Development Center to serve families with the love of Jesus Christ.
We provide an environment of support that builds upon family strengths and nurtures children's growth in all areas of development, being sensitive to individual, cultural, and family differences. The CDC also serves as a learning environment for Bethel students seeking to become early childhood educators.
Why Choose Bethel?
- Our combination of licensed professionals and college education students gives our program experience and enthusiasm.
- We integrate the best of traditional techniques with new methods.
- A Christian setting like the CDC helps establish life-long values.
- As part of a Christian community, our teachers are able to pray with the children, share God's love with them, and incorporate Bible stories into our curriculum. Our teachers are Christians who have committed their lives to Jesus, which is evident in their interactions with children and parents.
- Our center is a Minnesota Reading Corps location.
- We are a licensed program and accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) as an instructional site for preparing future early childhood professionals.
- We are a Parent Aware 4-star rated site.
- As a lab school, we are training the next generation of early childhood and preprimary teachers. Bethel University undergraduate students majoring in these education programs are student workers gaining experience as they progress in their coursework, guided by our licensed professionals.
The Bethel University campus is located in Arden Hills. The Child Development Center sits in a quiet setting near the Seminary on campus.
Bethel University Child Development Center
3900 Bethel Drive
St. Paul, MN 55112
Open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Caring for children ages 6 weeks through 5 years old.
Contact us any time—we'd love to answer your questions.