☰ In This Section

Health and Wellbeing

What do I do if I’m living on campus and I start to feel sick?

  • If you start to feel sick, it is recommended that you call Health Services at 651.638.6215 and leave a voicemail, or you may send an email to A nurse will call you back to ask a few questions and give you information to help you decide what to do next. If your health concern is of a more immediate nature, please call 911 and the Office of Safety and Security at 651.638.6400.
  • Please find guidelines from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) here

COVID-19 has left me feeling anxious and worried. Where can I turn for help?

Can I get counseling virtually?

  • Counseling Services is temporarily providing telehealth services during Bethel's virtual learning through May 2020. We will be offering the following support:
    • Telehealth counseling sessions and consults for Bethel students who are physically located in Minnesota at the time of the appointment. (This geographical criteria is due to licensing restrictions.)
    • Phone check-ins with students who are out of state to help them identify nearby counselors and mental health resources as well as online or digital resources.
  • Counselors will connect with students via phone calls or video conferencing on a HIPAA compliant version of Google Hangouts Meet. Students seeking services should email with their name, phone number, reason for reaching out, and blocks of time when their call can be returned.

Student Employment

I was working on campus, can I still do that?

  • With their supervisor’s permission, student employees can continue their work onsite or remotely. Student employees who choose to not continue their work or whose positions are no longer available will not be paid. Those who qualify for federal work-study will receive further information at a later date. Supervisors should begin reaching out to their student workers regarding their positions. Human Resources will be connecting with supervisors later this week as well.

How can I get my student worker paycheck?

  • For student workers physical checks will no longer be delivered via campus PO boxes. Physical checks will instead be delivered via postal mail. 
  • If you need to update your current address please click here.
  • If you would like to enroll in a direct deposit, please submit this form via the Business Office Secure Upload Tool using your Bethel email.
  • Students who receive an exception to remain in Residence Life can request their checks be delivered via PO by contacting

Residence Hall 

When can I move my items out of my room?

  • Sign up for a Self-Checkout time on your MyHousing page.

What if I can’t move out during these times? 

What services will be available to those who remain on campus?

  • All offices will be offering services to students who remain on campus. This includes dining, health, counseling, student life, and other supports. Many offices are working from a distance and should be contacted via phone or email. 


My class is now virtual, but I signed up for a face-to-face class. Can I get a full refund? Can I withdraw from the class and have it not show up on my transcript? Will a withdrawal deadline be extended?

  • The university will follow published withdrawal policies. Tuition refunds will not be given at this time because classes continue to be taught. If a student withdraws from a class, the class will show up on their transcript with an assigned grade of “W.” Students should consult the policies for their respective school (College of Arts & Sciences, College of Adult & Professional Studies, Bethel Seminary, or the Graduate School) for their policies and withdrawal dates. All catalogs are available online. 

Will Bethel offer room and board refunds for closing early?

Will I be charged a late fee if I fall behind on my bill or payment plan?

  • At this time Bethel will not assess late fees for amounts due April 15. Information regarding due dates post April 15 will be forthcoming. 

What if I have questions about my bill or my payment plan?

  • Student Accounts Representatives are available between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. To contact a Student Account Representative, please email


My class is now online. Must I attend the “class?"

  • If your virtual class is held “in real time,” you are expected to follow the attendance policy for the class as it is listed in the syllabus. You should contact your professors for any additional information or changes to the syllabus. 

I am having trouble with Moodle, how can I get help?

I am registered with the Office Accessibility Resources and Services. What do I do now that we’re online?

I am having trouble with Google Hangouts, how can I get help?

I am graduating this semester. Does the change in course offerings affect my ability to graduate?

  • Under most circumstances, this disruption should not affect progress toward graduation unless a field placement or clinical placement is canceled or severely disrupted. Students in programs that do not lead to licensure should complete their courses and graduate on time. Students in programs that lead to licensure may be affected. Contact your department chair or program director for more details if you are in nursing, physician assistant, social work, teacher education, or other program leading to licensure. 

So many parts of my life seem disrupted right now, I don’t know if I can get assignments completed by the originally published due date. Will faculty give extensions?

  • Faculty have been encouraged but not required to revise their syllabi and provide extensions. Please contact the professor of your class to get his or her specific response to that question.

I want to withdraw from a course. Can I? 

  • The university will follow published withdrawal policies. The class will show up on your  transcript with an assigned grade of “W." Students should consult the policies for their respective school (CAS, CAPS, Bethel Seminary, or the Graduate School) for their policies and withdrawal and refund dates. All catalogs are available online. 

I am in the middle of an internship, clinicals, or student teaching that is required for graduation. What should I do? Can I still graduate? Will my professional license be affected?

  • Specific guidance on this question must come from department chairs or program directors. Each area (teacher education, nursing, social work, human services, drug and alcohol counseling, psychology, physician assistant, and senior care administration) has somewhat different guidance for students. Faculty are working with accreditors, state agencies, and licensing bodies to evaluate the implications of disrupted clinicals and field placements.
  • General guidance about attendance at field placement or clinical sites is as follows:
    • Most placement sites have now restricted students from attending. If your site is still open, you may go to that site to work if you are comfortable doing so and so long as you can practice social distancing and you are not knowingly coming into contact with a person who has or is under investigation for COVID-19. If your site is open and you do not go to your placement, you must discuss the decision with your program director or department chairperson and must notify your supervisor at that site.
  • If any of the following apply to your situation, you must stop attending:
    • You have a fever or exhibit symptoms of COVID-19.
    • If, in the last 14 days, you have:
      • traveled outside of the U.S. to a country with a CDC Level 3 Health Notice in the last 14 days
      • traveled to a country with a CDC Level 2 Health Notice and are showing symptoms of COVID-19
      • traveled on a cruise ship with a confirmed case of COVID-19 onboard
      • had direct exposure to someone with COVID-19
  • In each of those cases, you must self-quarantine for 14 days or until you are asymptomatic. If you need to self-quarantine you should discuss this with your program director or department chair. Legitimate reasons include but are not limited to the need to limit exposure because you live with someone particularly vulnerable or because you have had direct contact with a person under investigation for COVID-19.

What if I have a service-learning, cross-cultural, or internship this semester? 

  • If your placement is still open and available, you may choose to go to your cross-cultural experience site, your internship or service-learning site provided that you do not:
    • have a fever or exhibit symptoms of COVID-19
    • traveled outside the U.S.
    • traveled outside of the U.S. to a country with a CDC Level 3 Health Notice in the last 14 days
    • traveled to a country with a CDC Level 2 Health Notice and are showing symptoms of COVID-19
    • Traveled on a cruise ship with a confirmed case of COVID-19 onboard
    • Have had direct exposure to someone with COVID-19
  • If you are not comfortable going to your internship or service-learning site, you are not required to go. As faculty revise their courses for virtual learning, they will develop alternative ways to meet course outcomes for these types of courses. 

Are Study Abroad programs canceled for spring semester?

  • Many study abroad programs have closed and Bethel made the decision to bring all students who were studying abroad home for the remainder of spring semester 2020. 

I am an undergraduate student. How can I learn more about the new pass/fail grading system?

I am an adult undergraduate, graduate, or seminary student. How can I find out if my course has moved to pass/fail grading?


Will commencement still be held?

  • We know that commencement is a very significant event for our community. We have not made a decision about commencement yet. 

Can I still apply for leadership positions for next school year?

  • Students can still apply for leadership roles and will be doing this remotely. Watch your Bethel email for more updates.

How can I get access to mail or packages that I have sent to Bethel?

  • The Bethel post office is open for mail pick-up daily from 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Monday-Friday. Mail and packages can be retrieved during this time. 

I am an international student. Will the move to online learning change my F-1 visa status?

  • The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) for the F-1 visa program has released guidelines for all institutions of higher education that allow us to temporarily change instruction mode to online/virtual platforms due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Bethel staff is taking appropriate steps to ensure that students are properly registered so that international student visa status will not be at risk should students decide to stay in the country and take classes online. Students should reach out to with additional questions.