Other Disability Resources
Links to Disability Resources
- Resources of Special Interest to Faculty. General and specific information related to curriculum, lab, web accessibility etc.
- Study Help Resources for StudentsStudy help manual, study skills inventory, study guides, study skills database etc.
- Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
- Resources for Parents and Prospective StudentsAbout transition, adjustment to post-secondary environment etc.
- Some Resources for studying abroad
- Information about Europe, and also some general information and disability specific online tipsheets
- AbledataABLEDATA, a federally funded project, is a clearinghouse of information on assistive technology and rehabilitation equipment. The database contains detailed descriptions, price and company information on thousands products, prototypes, customized and do-it-yourself designs.
- Assistive Technology ExplorerAssistech.net, out of Georgia Tech, with the help of partners, and also federally funded, is a wealth of information on assistive technology. It also maintains an extensive collection of links relevant to disability concerns in a number of areas. From that site also, one can access a number of discussion forums concerning disability issues
- Resources for Serving Blind and Visually Impaired studentsA collection of links compiled by Kathy McGillivray (Bethel College) and Jim Marx (university of Montana, Missoula) in connection with the 2002 AHEAD conference.