Note takers supply a copy of their notes to a student with disabilities during their class.
Students who cannot process information while transcribing their notes use note takers who provide them equal access to lectures.
Procedure for Requesting Notetakers
To request notetakers, please follow the accommodations process.
- Inform your instructor each semester (within the first week of class) of the note-taker accommodation.
- Arrange to pick up notes from DRS office or student mailbox.
- Attend class on a regular basis.
- Do not rely solely on note taker for your learning: actively participate in class and take notes (unless physically impossible).
- Inform DRS if you are not receiving your note-taking accommodations.