Note takers supply a copy of their notes to a student with disabilities during their class.
Students who cannot process information while transcribing their notes use note takers who provide equal access to lectures.
Procedure for Requesting Note takers
To request note takers, please follow the accommodations process.
- After receiving the Note Taking Accommodation you must complete the Note Taker Request Form.
- Notes will be emailed to your Bethel email. If you prefer receiving notes another way, please inform the Accommodations Coordinator.
- Attend class on a regular basis. Notes will not be sent if you frequently miss class.
- Do not rely solely on a note taker for your learning: Actively participate in class and take notes (unless physically impossible).
- Inform the Office of Disability Resources and Services if you are not receiving your note taking accommodations.