The Disability Resources and Services Office can provide a testing room for students who have challenges testing in the typical classroom environment.
- Extended time (50% more), 75% more or 100% more (double time).
- Reduced Distraction room (1-13 students)
- Single room (one student)
- Reader (someone who reads the exam questions to the student)
- Scribe (someone who writes what the student says during a test)
- Electronic Responses (the student is allowed to use a computer to type responses)
- Music (student is allowed to listen to music while testing)
- Memory Aids (scratch paper, notecards, calculator, notes)
Process for Requesting Testing Accommodations
To request testing accommodations please follow the accommodations process.
- Inform your instructor each semester if you intend to use testing accommodations at the beginning of the semester.
- Schedule your exam at least 3 days in advance for each exam/quiz using the scheduling software (information will be provided)
- Arrive at the Testing Center on time for your appointment with the appropriate testing materials.
- Return the exam and any auxiliary items to the proctor once testing is complete.