Sunday, May 15, 2016
1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Monday, May 16, 2016
6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
|Location||Clausen Center 112 (across from the Theatre)|
Bethel Theatre presents
110 Degrees in the Shade is based on The Rainmaker by N. Richard Nash
Lyrics by Tom Jones, Music by Harvey Schmidt
Into the lives of a community experiencing a drought affecting their land as well as their personal lives, strides the charismatic Starbuck. He says he can bring rain. Is he a con man or the person they need to rescue them from the drought? Spend some time with Curry family and find out a story of hope and redemption.
Auditions are open to current students, staff, faculty, alumni, and the general public!
Prepare one verse or chorus of a song, plus a reading from the script.
- H.C. Curry, a rancher and head of the Curry family; age: late 40s-60s
- Lizzie Curry, his daughter who fears she will be an old maid, age: mid/late20s
- Noah Curry, his oldest son who “is so full of what’s right he can’t always see what’s good”; age: 20s
- Jimmy Curry, his youngest son who is not afraid to dream; age: late teens/early 20s
- File, the local sheriff who is afraid to open himself to the community and to love; age: late 20s-30s
- Starbuck, a rainmaker and a dreamer
- Snookie, Jimmy’s girlfriend; sweet but a little flighty; age: late teens/early 20s
- Towns people will make up the chorus.
Rehearsals begin June 6, every weekday evening
Performance dates: July 14-16, 21–23 | 7:30 p.m.; July 17 & 24 | 2:30 p.m.
Contact Meg Zauner at 651.638.6477 or email@example.com