Bethel strives to develop whole and holy persons—not just mentally, socially, and spiritually—but also physically. The state-of-the-art Wellness Center will help our community do just that—giving students the space to exercise regularly and our expanding exercise science program the tools it needs to develop skilled professionals for careers in health and wellness.
The Wellness Center will also help Bethel better compete with similar universities, providing a key recruitment tool for undergraduate students.
Fitness facilities are limited and used primarily by athletics teams. Most students use off-campus fitness centers at their own expense, lessening the on-campus community experience.
- Enhance Bethel's recruitment efforts and create a competitive advantage
- Provide space for strength training and conditioning for student athletes
- Offer expanded exercise opportunities to all students
- Provide much-needed space for the growing biokinetics program
- Greater sense of community
- Conveniently located in the center of campus
- 22,500 square feet on 3 levels
- 6,000 square-foot weight facility
- 5,500 square feet of biokinetics testing and lab space
- 45 cardio machines
- 30 yards of indoor turf
Between the north side of the Robertson Center (RC) and the Hagstrom Center (HC)
Construction is expected to start in November 2014 and be finished in fall 2015.
For more information about partnering with us on this project, contact the Office of Development.