The Seminary San Diego library provides you with many different types of materials. Find the borrowing policy that applies to you, and see additional information listed below about borrowing and returning items as well as getting a guest or alumni library card.
Check Out Periods
|Main Collection Books||6 weeks||4 months||6 weeks||6 weeks|
|Books from CLIC Libraries||6 weeks||4 months||None||None|
|Books from non-CLIC libraries||Varies||Varies||None||None|
|eBooks||7 days||7 days||None||None|
|Audio Cassettes||3 weeks||3 weeks||Varies||Varies|
|VHS||3 weeks||3 weeks||None||None|
|Course Reserves||2 hours, 2 days or 1 week||2 hours, 2 days or 1 week||None||None|
Includes Bethel alumni and seminary libraries consortium members
Guest library card application
- Guests may apply for a library card by filling out a registration form
- Alumni: Free
- Guests: $25 registration fee and $10 annual renewal
- SCATLA/ATLA Reciprocal Borrowing Program Libraries: Free
Library card policies
- Guest Library Card may only be used at the library where the registration form was submitted.
- Guests must agree to comply with the policies of the Seminary Library and to pay fees charged.
- Guests must agree to give prompt notice of any change of address, phone number, or of card loss.
- Students, faculty, and staff from SCATLA Libraries may check out books according to the SCATLA Cooperative Borrowing Policy.
- Students, faculty, and staff from libraries participating in the ATLA Reciprocal Borrowing Program may register for a library card at no charge. The card allows you to check out up to 10 books from Bethel Seminary San Diego Library. The ATLA card may only be used at Bethel Seminary Library.
Checking Out Library Materials
Library materials may be checked out at the Circulation Desk.
Mailing Library Material
- The library will mail material to students enrolled in the InMinistry or Doctor of Ministry program who live outside San Diego County, California OR the seven county Twin Cities Metro area in Minnesota.
- Students must pay for return shipping
- All other students must pick up their materials at the library.
Borrowing Privileges at Other Libraries
- You must know and honor the policies of any library from which you borrow materials.
- Southern California Theological Library Association (SCATLA) member libraries: Bethel Seminary San Diego students, faculty, and staff have direct borrowing privileges. See the SCATLA website for additional borrowing information.
- Libraries particpating in the ATLA Reciprocal Borrowing Program offer direct borrowing privileges to Bethel Seminary St. Paul students, faculty, and staff.
Contact Bethel Seminary San Diego: 619.325.5201