The University library provides you with many different types of materials and equipment. Find the borrowing policy that applies to you, and see additional information listed below about borrowing and returning items as well as getting a guest or alumni library card.
Check Out Periods
|Main Collection Books||6 weeks||4 months||6 weeks||6 weeks (2 renewals, 5 item limit)||6 weeks (1 renewal, 5 item limit)|
|Reference Collection||1, 3, or 7 days (some cannot be checked out)||1, 3, or 7 days (some with permission only)||1, 3, or 7 days (some cannot be checked out)||None||None|
|Books from CLIC Libraries||6 weeks||Varies by library||6 weeks||N/A||None|
|Books from non-CLIC libraries||Varies by library||Varies by library||Varies by library||N/A||None|
|eBooks(EBSCOhost)||7 days||7 days||7 days||None||None|
|Audio(Great Courses/CDs/LPs)||3 weeks||3 weeks||3 weeks||Varies||None|
|DVDs/VHS||7 days||7 days||7 days||None||None|
|Mobile Computer Lab||None||24 hours (Main Campus)||24 hours (Main Campus)||None||None|
|Magazine/Journals||24 hours||24 hours||24 hours||None||None|
|Course Reserves||2-4 hours, 1-2 days or 1 week||2-4 hours, 1-2 days or 1 week||2-4 hours, 1-2 days or 1 week||None||None|
|Curriculum Materials||3 weeks||4 months||3 weeks||3 weeks||None|
|Music Scores||3 weeks||4 months||3 weeks||3 weeks||None|
Holds and Recall
- Books put on hold will be held for 14 days.
- Books are subject to recall if needed for course reserves.
Checking Out & Returning Materials and Equipment
- Library materials and equipment may be checked out at the front desk.
- Books and course reserves may be returned to the front desk or book drop outside the library.
- Equipment must be placed on the front desk.
Mailing Library Material
- Books and articles not available online will be mailed to students who request mailing services.
- Library users must pay for return shipping
Borrowing Privileges at Other Libraries
- You must honor the policies of any library from which you borrow materials.
- You may use your Bethel ID to borrow directly from CLIC member libraries.
- Bethel faculty have direct lending privileges from the University of Minnesota.
- Guests may apply for a library card by filling out a registration form in the library.
- At least one form of identification is needed
- Card is free for alumni, $15 for guests and free for a Friend of the Library
- Find out more information.
Call the Bethel University Library Circulation Desk at 651.638.6222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.