Uses and Approaches to Service Learning
- Which existing or course in your department is the best prospect for service-learning? Why is it the best prospect?
- What are the primary goals and objectives for this course in terms of intellectual content, skill-building, and demonstration of learning?
- How does service-learning present opportunities to meet these goals and objectives?
- What kinds of assignments would reinforce the connections between course content and the community? What kinds of assignments would enable students to demonstrate to what extent they are meeting the objectives of the course?
- How should student performance be assessed in relation to stated objectives in order to fairly evaluate the learning outcomes from the service experience?