Before the Course Begins
- Meet with the Service-Learning Assistant Director
- Develop the syllabus
- Finalize service-learning sites with the Assistant Director
- Send out details to your students (details will be provided by the Assistant Director)
- Discuss service-learning as part of the syllabus.
- Discuss student letter of understanding.
- Students choose service-learning sites; complete "Service-Learning Application"
- Assignment on student expectations prior to their first site visit
- Students make first visit to site for site orientation/ training
During the Semester
- Reflection activities, critical analysis assignments designed to tie service to course content, etc., as specified in the syllabus.
- Mid-semester monitoring: How is it Going
At Semester's End
- Administer post-service learning evaluation (provided by Assistant Director of service-learning)
After the Course
- Debrief sites with the Assistant Director