Dear Praying Friends?
What a time of celebration! By the time you get this we'll have completed our eight spring ceremonies sending 1038 graduates out to lead and serve in the name of Christ. Thank you for praying them through Bethel! We also celebrate good meetings of our Trustees and Foundation Governors. We are blessed with wonderful team members. Our spring sports had much to celebrate as did our academic programs. Our math modeling team placed in the top ten among the 7636 teams from 17 countries. Wow! We also have some great new hires - Dr. William Washington as VP for Student Life and Mr. Mark Miles as SVP for University Advancement.
Thanks for your fervent and faithful prayers. We have several employees battling cancer. Our enrollment team is working hard to bring in the class. We hve big decisions about program advances, campus mater planning, and the next campaign. God is at work - and your praerys matter!
Dear Praying Friends of Bethel,
As the school year moves rapidly toward a close, the Minnesota campus has awakened from its slumber, and Lake Valentine has been entirely ice-free since 9 a.m. on March 29! Bob Kistler with the Office of Teaching & Learning Technology, has been keeping records of this campus phenomenon since the fall of 1988. You can see the data for previous years.
Please note that your prayers for student safety over spring break were answered for the musical group tours, missions trips, and sports team travel, as well as all students seeking "R and R." Thank God with us for His hand of protection and blessing on students in all programs.
Our focus for prayer this month comes from Dan Wiersum, associate vice president for planned giving:
- Pray as appeals for fiscal year-end requests for support are being prepared for delivery to donors by the end of April
- Pray for individual proposals and donor visits happening through the end of May.
- Pray for open hears receptive to our requests.
- Pray for courage and safety of development officers and President Barnes as we travel.
- A candidate finalist for the position of senior vice president for university advancement is coming to campus for interviews on May 1. Pray for a good meeting with the advancement team, with others on campus, and for God's direction.
Please pray also for Board of Trustee meetings, to be held May 7-8. In addition, several faculty members continue to be challenged by significant health issue. Please keep praying for them and for their colleagues who are helping to cover for them during this time. Praise God for the signed purchase agreements for the Bethel Office Center and for the properties on County road E2.
Thank you for keeping Bethel in your hearts and in your prayers.
Grace and peace,
Judy Moseman and Julie Tutt, Co-coordinators