This web page includes links to short videos that explain the scheduling process and demonstrate the use of the EMS Campus Planning Interface (CPI). They are meant to assist CAS staff, faculty, and administrators who participate in scheduling. The URL for accessing EMS CPI is https://bsp-cmpsrv-h4.its.bethel.edu/CampusPlanningInterface/casauth.aspx.
Disclaimer: Please note that these are not professional videos! They were made with free software that had a 5-minute recording capacity. You will want to scroll down and/or expand the window to see the screen capture (without the header advertisement). You may hear a clock or cat sounds during the presentations.
You may wish to use this handout to accompany the videos and prepare you for using the EMS CPI.
If you have any questions, please contact Diane Krusemark or Brian Metcalf.
- Course Scheduling Process (an Overview)
- Course Scheduling Definitions in EMS
- Tabs and Fields in EMS (an Overview)
- Hints for Using EMS
Videos of EMS:
- Logging in and Term Selector
- Academic Browser: "Home Base" Overview
- Academic Browser: How to Export the "Home Base" Spreadsheet
- Academic Browser: Course Details
- Academic Browser: Course Dates
- Academic Browser: Preferences
- Academic Browser: Setting Preferences for a Group of Courses
- Academic Browser: Final Exam Settings
Special Scenarios Videos of EMS:
- Academic Browser: Flexible Learning Classrooms or Computer Classrooms
- Academic Browser: Courses that Share Space and Cross-listed Courses
- Academic Browser: Courses that Sometimes Meet in a Large Group and Sometimes in a Small Group (GES125, GES130, PEA100, Humanities)
- Academic Browser: Courses that Do Not Follow the Mod Schedule (Time Blocks)