Each year the Department of Art and Design awards scholarships to high potential visual art and design students. If art is your passion and you desire to make art professionally, work for an arts organization, teach art, be an art historian, or work in the graphic design field, you should consider applying for Bethel’s art performance scholarship.
$2,000 per year
- Incoming freshmen and transfer students
- Financial need is not a factor in determining the recipients
Renewable each year up to 4 years.
The art faculty renews scholarships annually if the following requirements are met:
- A maintained GPA of at least 2.5
- Full time enrollment
- A major in one of the four art degrees offered:
- B.A. in Studio Art
- B.F.A. in Studio Art
- B.A. in K-12 Art Education
- B.A. in Graphic Design
- Continued active engagement in classes
- Regular attendance at art lecture series and required on and off campus art events
- Work entered in Bethel's Raspberry Monday annual student exhibit and other juried competitions
- Active interaction with one's peers in the art department
- Participation in sophomore and junior reviews
How to Apply
Fill out the online application. You will be asked to:
- Include contact information
- Tell us about your art background
- Provide responses to 3 short answer questions
- Upload up to 10 digital images of your most representative art work 72 dpi and up to 1000 pixels on the longest side
- Provide reference information of a high school or other art teacher
- Use your Bethel Community Account to access the application.
The online application form will time out after a period of inactivity. We recommend you draft your responses elsewhere and paste them onto the form.