Physician Assistant Faculty
Graduate School | St. Paul, MN
This is a full-time faculty position in the Graduate School assisting in providing leadership for the Physician Assistant program.
- Participate in teaching in areas of expertise and service within the department
- Collaborate in ongoing development of the program, provide curriculum and instructional leadership within the program, and serve as a subject matter specialist for the program
- Areas of focus will be lab medicine, clinical medicine, and evidence-based medicine during the didactic phase in the classroom, small group, and laboratory settings
- Collaborate with the Program Director, Medical Director, Administrative Assistant, and physician offices, and actively participating in department and university committees
- Serve as faculty mentor to cohorts as assigned
- Student research, scholarly activity, and service within the program, college, and university
- Travel may be required
The candidate must exhibit exemplary communication, organizational, and teamwork skills. The candidate must be committed to Bethel's Affirmation of Faith, Covenant of Life Together, and core values. The individual should be one who focuses on developing quality relationships and providing responsive customer service, and must demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to increasing our diversity as a community. This faculty member should exhibit a passion for nurturing an educational climate where life change and life transformation occurs.
The ideal candidates for this position will have experience in teaching, preferably in graduate education. The candidate must have at least three years of clinical experience.
The candidate will hold a master's degree (doctorate preferred). This individual must be a board-certified physician assistant and hold a current Minnesota license, or be eligible for licensure in Minnesota.
Wallace Boeve, Physician Assistant Program Director
Two references are required. After review of application, resume, and references, potential candidates will be invited for interview with program director and academic dean.
Salary and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience. The position is available August 2014. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The ARC-PA has granted Accreditation-Provisional to the Bethel University-MN Physician Assistant program. Accreditation-Provisional is an accreditation status. The status indicates that the plans and resource allocation for the program appear to demonstrate the program's ability to meet the ARC-PA Standards, if fully implemented as planned. Accreditation-Provisional does not ensure any subsequent accreditation status. It is limited to no more than three years from the matriculation of the first class. The next accreditation visit is scheduled for November 2014.
3900 Bethel Drive
Bethel University St. Paul, MN 55112
Bethel University has been a leader and model in Christian higher education since 1871. Approximately 6,500 students from 49 states and 23 countries are enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, seminary, and adult education programs. Based in St. Paul, Minn., with additional seminary locations in San Diego and on the East Coast, Bethel offers rigorous bachelor’s and advanced degrees in nearly 100 fields.
Bethel employs qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, or disability. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Posting Date: April 28, 2014