Nutrition & Wellness
A healthy life is built on healthy choices. The foods we eat today affect our lives tomorrow, but how do you know what to choose?
Nutritional information, ingredients, and portion sizes are all important considerations. Below are compiled resources to help you make informed dining decisions.
Better Tomorrow Starts Today
Sodexo’s website helps you design a personal diet plan. Our Nutrition Tracking allows you to plan and track your meals using Sodexo's Nutrition Calculator and MyFitnessPal. Nutrition Questions? Check out the Meet the Dietitian section of the website or contact Bethel’s very own nutritionist.
We are also proud to introduce our new program, Mindful, that makes choosing the healthy choice, the easy choice. Mindful foods balance nutrition with enticing flavors to create an indulgent way to enjoy a healthy lifestyle. Look for the Mindful logo, which identifies the balanced choices on campus.We also provide nutritional information for the majority of the foods we serve:
- Monson Dining Center: Select a food item from the menu. Nutritional information will appear in a pop-up window, including items that may be marked as "Mindful."
- Simply to Go: For Simply to Go items in the 3900 Grill and Royal Grounds, nutritional information is listed on the product's label.
- Other: MyFitnessPal now has Sodexo-specific menu items. Download the app and search "Sodexo Campus" to get started today.
Build a Better Salad: The Stop Light Method
When you visit Monson Dining Center, you may notice our colored serving utensils—red, yellow and green tongs.
- Green: Items are low in fat and calories, and can be used generously. "Green means GO!"
- Yellow: Items are higher in protein—use moderately. "Yellow means SLOW down!"
- Red: These items are higher in fat and calories—use only once or twice a week. "Red means HALT, use sparingly!"
Special Dietary Concerns
With rising awareness of individual dietary needs, many special dietary foods are integrated into regular menu options. Others are available by special request of a staff-member. These items are stored separately to avoid cross-contamination with allergens.
If you have special dietary concerns, we encourage you to first contact Tammi Mild in Townhouse N2. She will meet with you to review your dietary concerns and the options available to you in Dining Services.
Trans Fats and MSG
Sodexo has gone to a Zero Trans Fat (ZTF) policy effective August 2006. We are very proud to be a part of this ZTF promotion as it allows us to serve healthier food options.
Sodexo is also very proud to say we are a MSG-free company.