President and Vice President
Are you passionate about inspiring and leading others? Are you interested in developing students' abilities and connecting them with events and opportunities? If so, you may be a great fit for president or vice-president of the student body!
The president and vice-president are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Bethel Student Government while acting as liaisons between students and the Bethel administration. As President/VP, you would also have the opportunity to invest in student leaders, act as representatives of the student body at events, and make decisions that impact the Bethel community.
Sound interesting? Learn more below about the application and election process.
All candidates for the presidency and vice presidency must:
- Carry a minimum of 12 on‑campus credit hours at the time of election and throughout his or her term of office. Any exception must be approved by election committee
- Not have a position in Welcome Week or Residence Life
- Have and maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0
- Attend an institute of higher education for at least 2 years prior to taking office
- Have at least 1 year of previous experience within the BSG and 1-year attendance at Bethel
- Seek to follow all Bethel University policies. Please see the Student Life Handbook, Covenant for Life Together, and Affirmation of Faith
No campaigning is allowed until Tuesday, February 18 at 12:01 a.m.
- Running mates complete the application (doc) separately
- Include 1 picture of the candidates together
- Email both applications and picture to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Election Application"
- Print the petition form (doc) and submit separately at Candidates meeting on Monday, February 10 at 4 p.m. in the Loft
The application deadline is February 9, 2014 at 11:59 p.m.