Bethel Physics Open House Celebration
Saturday, November 23, 2013
|Location||Physics Department, AC Building, 2nd level|
|Registration||This event is free. If you'd like to let us know your'e coming,
RSVP to Pam Tanem at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.638.6289.
Tremendous and exciting things are happening in Physics and Engineering at Bethel University! We'd like to celebrate by inviting alumni and friends to a Physics Department Open House.
See Our Rapidly Developing Laboratories
- New NanoLab: including clean room, microscopes, single molecule spectroscopy, atomic force microscopy, and nan-fabrication equipment.
- New Atomic and Molecular Optics Lab: a mode-locked erbium fiber laser, 4 frequency tunable diode lasers, a sub-picometer wavelength meter, and a magneto-optical trap at 500 µK atoms, (coldest measured spot in Minnesota!).
- Fluid Dynamics Labs: 2 wind tunnels, a water tunnel, and a Mach 3 Supersonic Shock Tunnel, plus 100,000 frames/sec videos of fluid interactions.
Celebrate Three National Science Foundation Grants
In the last 14 months, Bethel has received NSF grants for:
- Laser Frequency Combs
- New Nano-scale Chemical Imaging techniques
- Web-based Advanced Lab Project Videos
Connect with Faculty and Current Students
Join professors Peterson, Greenlee, Beecken, Stein, Hoyt, Lindquist, and Hamre; and hear current students describe their research.
Individual tours, conversations, and hors d'oeuvres start at 3:30 p.m. Program at 4:45 p.m.
Contact Pam Tanem, Natural Sciences Division, at email@example.com or 651.638.6289.
- + Events
- + Benefits & Services
- + Get Involved
- + Stay Connected
- Give to Bethel
- + Alumni Boards
- + Alumni Awards
- + Contact Us