Staff Hiring Process
Some places you apply to may leave you guessing—did you receive my application? Is there anything more I can provide? Is the position still open?
At Bethel, we want to be as transparent and helpful as possible throughout the entire process. The goal of the hiring process is to help us get a better understanding of who you are and if you’d be a good fit for Bethel. At the same time, we want you to get a better understanding of Bethel and if we’re a good fit for you.
In general, here is the process for hiring staff employees at Bethel:
- Application received. You’ll receive a confirmation from us that we’ve received your application.
- Application review. Our Human Resources team conducts a review of all applications received.
- Interview. At this point, we’ll select applicant(s) to interview with a member of the Human Resources team. Most often you’ll visit campus for this, but based on the situation, this could be a phone interview. Depending upon the position, the process may involve additional interviews with members of our community.
- Next Steps. If at any point you are not selected to remain in the interviewing process, you will be notified. We’ll also keep your application and materials on file for 6 months. You can reactivate your application for another position at any time during those 6 months. After 6 months, you’ll need to submit a new application.
- Unforeseen changes. If at any point the hiring process is delayed or we need to cancel the hiring process, we’ll let you know.