College of Adult and Professional Studies
Started at Bethel
- Mount San Jacinto College, San Jacinto, California - Associate of Arts – (Human and Social Sciences) , 1984
- University of California Riverside. Riverside, California - Bachelor of Arts – (Philosophy) , 1986
- Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, California - Master of Arts – (Theology and Ethics) , 1992
- University of Durham, Durham, England, U.K. - Ph.D. – (Historical Theology) , 2004
Areas of expertise
Theology, Church History, Technology and Ethics, Business Ethics
- Applying Ethics to Organizations
- Bible and Business Ethics
- Christian History: An Overview
- Christian Theology (Systematics)
- Church History
- Contemporary Christian Thought
- Engineering, Ethics and Environment
- Environmental Ethics
- Feminist Theology
- Foundations of Ministry
- History of Early and Medieval Church
- History of the Modern Church
- Reform of the Church (Reformation History)
- Religion 100 (Church History, Christian Doctrine, Islam, Judaism)
- Religion 200 (Church History, Christian Doctrine, Hinduism, Buddhism)
- Religion 300 (Church History, Christian Doctrine, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism)
- Studies in Technology and Society
- Studies in the Surrounding World
- Theology and the Christian Life
Class Clown, Ambassador Christian High School
- “Early Quakers and the Nation of the Jews”, forthcoming, Friends Journal
- “Margaret Fell and the Second Coming of Christ”, Early Quakers and Their Theological Thought: 1647–1723, Stephen W. Angell and Pink Dandelion, eds., Cambridge University Press, 2015
- “Margaret Fell (1614-1702): Mother of Quakerism” (With Donna Martinson), The Well < http://thewell.intervarsity.org/in-focus/mother-quakerism-margaret-fell-1614-1702>
- “Laborers Together with God: Maurice Creasey and the Community of Friends”, Quaker Religious Thought 120 (August 2013), 27-34.
- Co-editer,The Christian Theological Research Fellowship Guides to Theology book series (W.B. Eerdmans Publishing) 1995 - 2007
- The Mother of Quakerism and the End of Time: Eschatology in the Work of Margaret Fell, Baylor University Press, 2010.
- Introducing Christianity (with Alan G. Padgett), Orbis Press, 2003.
- “Margaret Fell: Historical Context and the Shape of Early Quaker Thought.” Quaker Religious Thought 30/1 (August 2000), 25-39.
- “Margaret Fell (1614-1702): A Brief Biography.” Priscilla Papers 9/3 (Summer 1995), 5-6.
- “Phoebe Palmer: Mother of the Holiness Movement.” Priscilla Papers 12/2 (Spring 1998), 1-3.
- Review of The A to Z of Friends (Quakers) by Margery Post Abbot, Mary Ellen Chijoke, Pink Dandelion, John W. Oliver Jr. (eds.), in Reviews in Religion and Theology 11 (2006), 141.
- Review of Undaunted Zeal: The Letters of Margaret Fell in Quaker Studies 9 (2005), 257-258.
- Review of Historical Dictionary of the Friends (Quakers) by Margery Post Abbot, Mary Ellen Chijoke, Pink Dandelion, John W. Oliver Jr. (eds.), in Reviews in Religion and Theology 12 (2005), 149.
- Review of Whirlwind of Life: The Story of Emilia Fogelklou, by Malin Bergman Andrews, in Reviews in Religion and Theology 12 (2005), 157.
- Review of The Mormon Culture of Salvation: Force, Grace and Glory, by Douglas J. Davies in Reviews in Religion and Theology 8(2003), 277-279.
- Review of Searching for An Adequate God, edited by John Cobb and Clark Pinnock for Religion Book Reviews, on-line at www.religionbookreviews.com/04-10-01
- Review of Saving Jesus From Those Who Are Right: Rethinking What it Means To Be A Christian, by Carter Heyward in Reviews in Religion and Theology 7/3 (April 2000) 397-399.
- Review of Things New and Old: Essays on the Theology of Elizabeth A. Johnson edited by Phyllis Zagano and Terrence W. Tilley, in Reviews in Religion and Theology 7/1 (February 2000) 116.
- Review of Heaven on Earth: Quakers and the Second Coming by Ben Pink Dandelion, Douglas Gwyn and Timothy Peat, in Reviews in Religion and Theology 6/2 (May 1999) 159-162.
- Abstractor, Journal for Feminist Studies in Religion for Religious and Theological Abstracts, 1996-1998
- “Laborers Together with God: Maurice Creasey and the Community of Friends”, Quaker Theology Group, American Academy of Religion annual meeting, San Francisco, 2012
- “Quakers and American Evangelicalism.” American Academy of Religion, Midwest Region, 2006
- “To That of God in Thy Conscience: Margaret Fell and Early Quaker Theology.” Quaker Theology Group, American Academy of Religion annual meeting, Nashville, TN 2000
- ·“A Measure of the Times: The Influence of Eschatology on English Religion and Radical Reform from 1550 – 1689.” Sixteenth Century Studies annual meeting, Atlanta, GA 1997
- “Salvation Through Illumination: The Soteriology of Quaker Margaret Fell.” University of Durham Graduate Theology Colloquium, England 1996
- “Margaret Fell: Mother of Quakerism.” American Academy of Religion, Western Region, 1995
- “Phoebe Palmer: Mother of the American Holiness Movement.” American Academy of Religion, Western Region, 1994
Certificates and Licenses
Certificate in Accounting
Professional Organizations, Committees, and Boards
Editorial board for the Sacra Doctrina book series (W.B. Eerdmans Publishing)
Member - American Academy of Religion
Society for the Study of Christian Spirituality
Member-at-Large, Christian Theological Research Fellowship (2001-2009)
Member - Christian Theological Research Fellowship
Hobbies and Interests
Music, Travel, Writing, Gardening
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Soren Kiekegaard)