Acting Associate Dean of Nursing, Professor of Nursing
Nursing (M.S.), Graduate School
Professor of Nursing
Nursing, College of Arts and Sciences
Acting Associate Dean of Nursing
Nursing (RN to B.S.), College of Adult and Professional Studies
Started at Bethel
- University of Illinois - B.S., 1974
- University of St. Thomas - M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction, 1979
- University of Minnesota - M.S. in Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 1983
- Bethel Seminary - M.A. in Christian Thought, 2002
- Bethel Seminary - D.Min. in Congregational and Family Care with an emphasis on spiritual formation, 2009
Areas of expertise
Dr. Peterson's areas of interest include mental health nursing, nursing care of the elderly, gerontology, end of life care, nursing curriculum development and assessment, and the theology of suffering. Her publications and presentations primarily focus on faith and health integration, suffering, and professional boundaries.
Elizabeth (Beth) Peterson is the Chair of the Nursing Department at Bethel University. She came to Bethel in 1982 as one of the first faculty in the nursing program. She has taught courses on a variety of subjects including mental health nursing, nursing care of the elderly, gerontology, end of life care, and the theology of suffering. She has given many presentations and written articles on faith and health integration.