Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences
Biological Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences
Environmental Studies, College of Arts and Sciences
Started at Bethel
- University of Colorado-Colorado Springs - B.A., 1985
- University of Wyoming - B.S., 1987
- University of Wyoming - M.S., 1996
- University of Minnesota - Ph.D., 2013
Dr. Dykstra’s research interests include the ecology and population genetics of native plants in fragmented prairie habitat.
- General Biology
- Introduction to Organismic Biology
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Clinical Anatomy
- Environment and Humanity
- Environmental Plant Biology
- Plant Taxonomy and Ecology
- Wagenius S, Dykstra AB, Ridley CE, Shaw RG. 2012. Seedling recruitment in the long-lived perennial, Echinacea angustifolia: a ten year experiment. Restoration Ecology, 20:352-359.
- Dykstra AB and Shaw RG. 2011. No evidence of local adaptation in seedling recruitment of narrow-leaved purple coneflower. In D. Williams, B. Butler and D. Smith (eds.) Proceedings of the 22nd North American Prairie Conference, held August 1-5, 2010. University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls.
- Dykstra AB, Brock MT, Delph LF, Weinig C. 2009. Sex-specific trade-offs and responses to foliar shade in the gynodioecious species Silene vulgaris (Caryophyllaceae). International Journal of Plant Sciences 170(5): 575-583.