Program Director, Instructor
Christian Ministries (B.A.), College of Adult and Professional Studies
Adjunct Instructor in Biblical and Theological Studies
Biblical & Theological Studies, College of Arts and Sciences
Started at Bethel
- University of Minnesota - B.A., 2000
- Bethel Seminary - M.Div., 2005
Areas of expertise
Systematic theology, contextual theologies, topics connected to justice and reconciliation.
Gilbertson has taught theology at Bethel University since 2005. She has served as Pastor of Care Ministries at Westwood Community Church, and continues to serve in a non-staff position through teaching and preaching. For several years, she served as Assistant Director of Spiritual Formation at Bethel University, where she oversaw small group discipleship. While in seminary, she received training for hospital chaplaincy and interned with Fairview Hospitals. Prior to seminary, she worked at New Life Family Services, a Christian nonprofit organization. She is passionate about equipping women and men to use their gifts in diverse ministry settings.
- CHMN300: Introduction to Christian Ministries
- THEO441/THE201: Christian Theology
- BIBL341: The Gospel in Cross Cultural Perspective
- CORE300: Community, Self, and Formation
- THEO415: Understanding Worldviews
- BIB308J: Biblical Theology of Reconciliation