Special Education (M.A.), Graduate School
Started at Bethel
- University of MN- Twin Cities - B.A. English Literature, 2005
- Bethel University - M.A. Special Education (LD & E/BD), 2007
- University of St. Thomas - Autism License, 2007
- St. Cloud State University - Developmental/Cognitive Disorders License, 2009
- Bethel University - Work-Based Learning License, 2016
Maia teaches the 1st and 3rd classes in the Autism License Program. She greatly enjoys teaching and working with professionals who are learning about and increasing their current knowledge of those on the autism spectrum.
SPED 601- Characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorders
SPED 612- Planning, Instruction, and Consultation for Autism Spectrum Disorders
Certificates and Licenses
Special Education Licenses:
- Work-Based Learning (2016)
For the past 2 years Maia has earned ENVoY certification for her behavior management practices in her classroom. She is currently working towards Demonstration Teacher Status.
Hobbies and Interests
Maia has a love/hate relationship with running. She started running in college and haven't stopped since. She has run 25 marathons in 10 different states. She has also run 2 ultra marathons- a 50k (31 miles) and a 50 miler. Maia says she needs to stay active in order to keep up with her 2 young boys (6 and 3 years old).
Maia loves a good book, being on the lake in the summer and spending time with family and friends.
Maia and her husband are members at Church of the Open Door in Maple Grove.
"You make beautiful things out of us"- Gungor