Gaining youth mental health expertise is about transforming lives. And preparing the next generation for success.
Bethel’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Certificate is designed for those who serve as school counselors and psychologists, licensed social workers and therapists, special education teachers, pastors, and in other related professions. With our certificate, you’ll gain specialized knowledge and understanding of the unique mental health needs of children and adolescents and learn how to promote improved mental health.
With this certificate you’ll learn how to promote improved mental health as you develop expertise in several techniques that will enable you to address the unique needs of children and adolescents.
No news articles available at this time.
MAY 9 2017
6 p.m. CT Lundquist Community Life Center (CLC)
Meet program directors, faculty, and current students and learn more about our adult undergrad and graduate programs! 6 pm-7:30 pm CT
Preparing leaders in youth mental health
Our Child and Adolescent Mental Health Certificate integrates the theory of psychology with the art of counseling. We approach counseling from a Christian worldview that fosters hope and healing as you integrate biological, psychological, social, and spiritual aspects when addressing the concerns individuals experience. Gain the confidence and skills to become a leader in youth mental health as you develop expertise in several techniques, including art and play therapy, crisis intervention, and counseling microskills.
2.1% Unemployment rate of recent graduate alumni- 2015 Bethel Graduate School Alumni Survey
25 years providing Graduate School education
Meets academic requirements for licensure
You can use certificate courses to meet state licensure requirements for professional counselors (LPC and LPCC) through the Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy.
Develop intercultural sensitivity so you’re able to more effectively work with diverse children and adolescents.
Applying ethics to practice
Understand the professional and ethical issues inherent to the counseling profession so you’re prepared to handle them appropriately.
The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Certificate will give you advanced skills in techniques that will allow you to most help youth and their families.
Learn how to:
- Apply various therapy techniques and behavioral interventions
- Facilitate support groups specific to children and adolescents
- Understand the unique ethical issues pertaining to working with youth
- Assess and evaluate mental health needs
- Administer and interpret behavioral, cognitive, and personality assessments
- Take into account the impact of cultural dynamics on family development
- Collaborate with parents, teachers, social workers, and other stakeholders
Our graduates serve at:
- Private practice clinics
- K-12 public and private schools
- Community Mental health clinics
- Residential treatment facilities
- Youth and family services centers