IB is about more than motivating students to succeed. It's about preparing them for responsible global citizenship.
Bethel’s IB Certificate in Teaching and Learning will help you mobilize students to become independent learners, critical thinkers, and global citizens in IB schools. Coursework develops practical understanding of curriculum, pedagogy, and assessment issues related to IB program implementation and a basic overview of all three IB programs. Designed for licensed teachers, the program encourages reflective practice and research that helps you engage your students.
* These costs are estimated and subject to change.
No news articles available at this time.
MAY 9 2017
6 p.m. CT Lundquist Community Life Center (CLC)
Meet program directors, faculty, and current students and learn more about our adult undergrad and graduate programs! 6 pm-7:30 pm CT
Empower students. Prepare them for global leadership.
Experienced faculty who have taught in IB schools at all three levels teach our fully online IB certificate program. Our courses are especially created for the IB program, giving you the most current information on IB teaching. Learn how to practically implement major IB themes, such as international-mindedness, reflective practice, and collaboration to create an engaging and active classroom environment. And because our program is just 20 weeks long, you’ll be ready to apply your new skills and knowledge in the classroom sooner.
0 Only IB program in Minnesota
$65,000 - Median income range of recent Bethel Graduate School alumni-2015 Bethel Graduate School Alumni Survey
Become eligible to register for an IB Certificate
The IB Certificate in Teaching and Learning is offered for Primary Years, Middle Years or Diploma Programs. Credits may also be applied to Bethel’s M.A. in Education K-12.
Learn a student-focused approach
IB focuses on an individualized approach that encourages student-led learning for the 21st century. Become a teacher-leader who champions this method to education in your setting.
Join a global network
With over 3,900 IB schools and access to the IB’s online curriculum center that provides up-to-date developments in IB across the globe, earning an IB Certificate in Teaching and Learning will place you in a growing network of IB teachers around the world.
Our graduates teach in public and private, prospective, candidate, or authorized IB schools across the world.
Learn how to:
- Integrate international-mindedness in teaching, learning, and assessment
- Follow the IB principles of learning
- Implement curriculum and instructional designs that make IB unique
- Understand how IB’s mission and philosophy affects worldview
- Utilize assessment tools and strategies in IB
- Apply appropriate learning strategies for IB programs
- Execute teaching strategies, activities and resources to support learner outcomes
- Find resources to support learner outcomes
Our graduates teach at schools domestically and internationally:
- American College of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Lincoln Community School, Ghana
- International School of Kenya
- Leysin International School, Switzerland
- Taejon Christian International School, South Korea
- South West High School, California
- Hidden Creek Elementary, Washington
- Minnesota schools, metro area and outstate