August 29, 2011 | 11:31 a.m.
By the Office of Communications and Marketing
More than 800 new students and their families were greeted “Bethel style” during Welcome Week 2011, and the 2011-12 school year is now underway. Get to know the incoming class just a bit better with these interesting nuggets of information:
- New students hail from 31 states and several countries including Columbia, Canada, Philippines, and Kenya.
- The incoming class is the most diverse class ever at Bethel with 12% students of color.
- The average ACT of the incoming class is 25.1.
- 20% of the incoming student class will participate in athletics.
- There are more than 50 valedictorians and salutatorians in the freshman class.
- New students have engaged the world on missions trips to places such as Lithuania, Ecuador, Rwanda, Czech Republic, Liberia, Guam, Haiti, China, Egypt, Italy, Germany, Japan, Brazil, Austria, Guatemala, India, Peru, France, Honduras, South Africa, South Korea, Singapore, Belize, Tanzania, Madagascar, Kenya, the Appalachian Mountains, Canada, Manila, Belize, the Blue Ridge Mountains, and the inner cities of Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles, to name a few.