January 5, 2014 | 8:03 p.m.
By Suzanne McInroy, Director of Communications
Due to the extremely cold temperatures predicted, all classes at Bethel University (including off-campus sites) are cancelled for Monday, January 6. This includes day and evening classes. All non-essential services, including the King Family Foundation Child Development Center and the Bethel University Child Development Center, are closed.
Non-exempt or hourly employees should mark the time on their timesheets in the "emergency" column. Exempt or salaried employees need not report anything on their leave reports. Please refer to the "Campus Emergency and Campus Closing Policy" in the Employee Handbook for more detailed information on timesheets.
Additional campus information for Sunday, January 5, and Monday, January 6:
- Residence halls and meal service will proceed as scheduled with meal service beginning Sunday evening.
- The varsity and junior varsity men’s basketball games scheduled for Monday are cancelled.
- Fall semester grades are due as previously scheduled.
- The campus shuttle will follow a Saturday schedule on Monday.
- Campus buildings will be open normal business hours on Monday.
- The BU Library will be closed on Sunday, but will be open from 6-10 p.m. on Monday.
- The Bethel Seminary St. Paul Library will be closed all day Monday.
The rest of the interim schedule will remain the same with no classes on Monday, January 20, for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and classes ending on Tuesday, January 28.