September 8, 2015 | 4:15 p.m.
By Lauren Pareigat '08, Communications Specialist, College of Arts & Sciences
This year, Bethel’s College of Arts & Sciences welcomed 12 new full-time teaching faculty to 10 of its departments.
Half of the incoming faculty members are Bethel alumni and nearly all have completed a doctorate or are currently finishing a doctorate:
- Melissa Cordes joins the biological sciences department as assistant professor to continue developing a curriculum in neuroscience. She moved here from Wisconsin where she completed her doctorate degree from the University of Wisconsin.
- Seann Dikkers ’94, GS ’00, joins the education department as an associate professor and department chair. He has spent time teaching middle and high school students, but most recently taught in higher education at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Alex Eaton joins the chemistry department as an instructor. He anticipates completing his doctorate this year from Virginia Tech.
- Christina Kaiser CAPS ’05, GS ’07 and ’08 is joining the business and economics department as associate professor of business, transitioning from an adjunct position here at Bethel within the undergraduate and graduate schools.
- Lisa Kepple ’10, GS ’14 joins the human kinetics and applied health science department to teach courses for the physical education and health education programs. She is currently pursuing her Ed.D. at Bethel.
- Steven Lancaster ’05 is assistant professor for the psychology department where he was once a student himself. Previously, Lancaster was teaching at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa. He received his Ph.D. from Southern Illinois University-Carbondale.
- Erik Leafblad ’04 joins the biblical and theological studies department to teach in the missional ministries program, moving from an adjunct role to full-time faculty. He received his M.Div. from Princeton Seminary and is finishing a Ph.D. from Luther Seminary.
- Claudia May joins the faculty as associate professor of reconciliation studies. Originally from the United Kingdom, May comes to Bethel from University of California-Berkeley, where she was a visiting scholar and earned both her master’s and doctorate degrees.
- Gene Peterson joins the music department as Bethel’s fourth director of choral activities. He has spent time directing high school, college, and church choirs, in addition to touring with choirs internationally. He received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Chapman University in California and his D.M.A. from the University of Washington.
- Nathan Robey joins the human kinetics and applied health science department as an instructor in the athletic training and biokinetics programs. He received his master’s degree from Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas.
- Eydie Shypulski joins the social work department as an assistant professor and the department chair. Shypulski has an M.S.W. from St. Louis University in St. Louis, Missouri, and is currently finishing a D.Min. at Bethel Seminary.
- Angela Stoeckman ’97, joins the chemistry department as an associate professor. She received her doctorate from the University of Minnesota.