March 31, 2016 | noon
By Michelle Westlund, Communications Specialist
Bethel recently surveyed alumni of its College of Adult & Professional Studies (CAPS) and Graduate School (GS) who graduated one year ago, five years ago, and 10 years ago. Questions covered graduates’ experiences at Bethel as well as their personal, spiritual, and working lives since graduation. Results show that a majority of recent CAPS/GS alumni are satisfied or very satisfied with their overall education at Bethel, and with how their Bethel education prepared them for their current position.
Alumni also report a high rate of involvement in a faith community. A majority volunteer time to a religious group or organization, and an average of more than 80% are involved in a leadership role in their work, school, community, or place of worship.
The survey also asked for comments about the graduates’ Bethel experience. Many respondents mentioned the integration of faith and learning in Bethel’s post-traditional programs, as well as the close and supportive relationships they formed with members of their programs. Many commented that they would recommend their program to others. Sample comments from CAPS alumni include:
- “I would recommend the CAPS program to others. Having a faith-based educational program was a good way to increase not only my knowledge but my faith.”
- “I tell people all the time that my Bethel education was by far one of the best experiences of my life.”
- “I recommend it every chance I get.”
- “The cohort model was extremely positive and supportive. I highly recommend it and share my experience with others on a regular basis.”
Sample comments from Graduate School alumni include:
- “Bethel was an amazing experience in a wonderful, nurturing environment.”
- “Faculty were supportive and knowledgeable in their subject areas, and I feel well prepared for any career or educational path I may choose in the future.”
- “I will always cherish my experience with my cohort and professors.”
- “I am grateful every day for the wonderful experience I had at Bethel.”
- “I appreciate how the Bethel community helped shape my faith, leadership, and global view of seeking the kingdom of God.”